How to Install WordPress Plugin?
First think that come to your mind after installing WordPress is that how to install a WordPress plugin. Plugins permits to add some new features to your WordPress like add a gallery, slideshow and much more. There is a wide range of paid and un-paid plugins for WordPress. In this article, you will learn about the procedure to install WordPress plugin in a very simple way. Here are the two ways of installing WordPress plugins by using WordPress Admin Plugin Upload and other is manually by using FTP.
Use WordPress Admin Plugin Upload to Install WordPress Plugins
- The process of using WordPress Plugin Uploading is very easy and simple. You only need to download ZIP files of plugins.
- First of all, download the plugin from the source and then go to the WordPress Admin section that is available at the left side. Now click on Plugins and then choose Add New.
- Now click on the Upload Plugin tab which is located at the top of the page and then it will redirects to the plugin upload page. After that, choose the plugin file form your computer and then click on the Install Now option. Now WordPress will upload the file form your computer and then wait for few seconds.
Install WordPress Plugins Manually by Using FTP
You can also install Worpress plugins with FTP which is very easy and simple process. It successful in those conditions, when WordPress hosting shows some file restrictions.
- First of all, download the plugins source file from the WordPress plugin directory website. Now click on the download icon to download the ZIP file to your computer.
- Now extract the ZIP file and then it will create a new folder with same name. You need to upload this folder manually to your computer by using FTP.
- After that, connect your WordPress site’s server by using FTP. Now open the FTP on your computer and then you need to connect your website by using log in details. After connecting, access the path wp-content/plugins.
- Now click on wp-content and then choose plugins tab. Now you need to upload the ZIP file folder to the wp-content/plugins on web server of your WordPress website.
- After uploading the folder, click on Admin which is present at the left side of your WordPress site and then choose Plugins. Now click on the Activate link available at the plugin side.
Most Useful WordPress Plugins for your business website which is totally free.