How to Change Domain Name in WordPress?
Your WordPress.com webpage address is the thing that individuals use to get to your blog. In the event that you need to change the title of the blog, which is the content showed in the title bar of a web program and in the header of most themes. This article will demonstrate to you best practices to change the domain name in WordPress. So, on the off chance that you need to change your WordPress site’s area name, you can utilize your WordPress control board. Be that as it may, you should likewise move your WordPress site’s documents to the best possible area and ensure your new space name’s DNS is set accurately.
Changing the Base URL in your WordPress Settings:-
WordPress depends intensely on a base URL with a specific end goal to appropriately stack your media, pages, et cetera. Since you are moving the WordPress site to an alternate URL, you likewise should refresh the base URL set inside your WordPress site’s settings keeping in mind the end goal to mirror the URL changes.
- Sign into your WordPress Dashboard.
- Explore over to Settings and then General.
- Find the “WordPress Address (URL)” and “Site Address (URL)”, and after that record, the EXACT URL recorded for “WordPress Address (URL)” which you will utilize later.
- Change the URL for both “WordPress Address (URL)” and “Site Address (URL)” to its new URL.
- Spare your progressions
- Log out of your WordPress dashboard and close your program’s window, yet don’t open the site at this time.
Changing the Base URL Utilizing phpMyAdmin:-
On the off chance that you can’t get to the WordPress site through your client, you can rather utilize phpMyAdmin to refresh the URL.
- Open phpMyAdmin.
- Snap your database in the left sheet. A few tables show up underneath it. Tap on your wp_options table.
- Find the ‘site-url’ and ‘home’ lines. Tap the pencil symbol beside each to alter.
- Tap the pencil symbol beside each to alter.
- Change the URL by writing in another one.
- Tap the Go catch to spare the settings. Do this for both the ‘site-url’ and ‘home’ alternatives.
So whenever you want or plan to move WordPress site to new domain. Then you can go through any of the options as per your convenience. Your problem will be surely resolved.